The family, beginning with one man and one woman in marriage, is the cornerstone of society. Supporting healthy marriages and families, as well as protecting against violence, abuse, and other challenges, produces strong communities. MCC supports:
- Promoting the traditional definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
- Tax policies that protect and promote the stability of marriage and the institution of the family.
- Policies that strengthen the long-standing relationship between the State of Michigan and nonprofit agencies in the provision of child placement services.
- Amending Michigan’s no-fault divorce laws.
- Policies that combat human trafficking, domestic violence, and abuse of vulnerable persons.
Michigan Celebrates Marriage TV Ads
- Governor Whitmer’s 2020–2021 State Budget Includes Highs and Lows, Says Catholic Conference (02/06/20)
- For Second Straight Year, MCC Presented with Three Top Awards for Excellence in Public Relations (04/22/19)
- Michigan Catholic Conference Urges ‘No’ Vote on Ballot Question to Legalize Recreational Marijuana (10/02/18)
- MCC Urges Michigan House to Pass Legislation that Removes Government Barrier to Marriage (06/07/18)
- Catholic Conference Offers Support for House Child Protection Legislation (04/16/18)
- The Word from Lansing Column:
- Proposal 1—Say No to Recreational Marijuana (Focus Essay, 10/2018)
- Transportation, Community, and the Common Good (Focus Essay, 7/2016)
- Confronting Violence in Society (Focus Essay, 9/2015)
- Statement Regarding Decision Overturning Michigan’s Marriage Amendment (Michigan Bishops, 3/21/14)
- Human Trafficking: Modern Day Slavery in Our Midst (Focus Essay, 2/2014)
- A Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty (USCCB Prayer Intention, 2013)
- USCCB Initiative: For Your Marriage
- USCCB Initiative: Por tu Matrimonio
- USCCB Initiative: Marriage: Unique for a Reason
MCC in the News
- Michigan Supreme Court May Settle Issue of Public Aid for Private Schools (Detroit News, 06/25/19)
- Organizations Push for Increased Earned Income Tax Credit (Michigan Radio, 06/12/19)
- Opinion: Nessel Threatens Religious Freedom (Detroit News, 04/30/19)
- Religious Discrimination is Wrong Too (Detroit News, 04/22/19)
- Opponents Speak Out Against Mich. Pot Legalization Proposal (Detroit News, 10/24/18)
- MCC CEO Long Elected to National Leadership Post (The Michigan Catholic, 09/20/18)
- ACLU’s ‘Petty Lawsuit’ Won’t Help Foster Children, Families Tell Court (Catholic News Agency, 03/08/18)
- Michigan Lawsuit Could Imperil Religious Adoption Agencies (Catholic News Agency, 09/24/17)
- ACLU Sues Michigan on Adoption Legislation (MLive, 09/20/17)
- Facebook Post Puts Catholic Farmer in the Crosshairs of Anti-Bias Ordinance (National Catholic Register, 08/17/17)
- Lansing Update:
- Catholic Relief Services: Slavery and Human Trafficking
- USCCB: Anti-Trafficking Program
- Summary of 2014 Enacted Human Trafficking Laws
- MCC Testifies on Behalf of Human Trafficking Legislation in Senate Committee (11/13/13)
- Bulletin Insert: Children and Families Advocacy