Each individual has worth, as St. John Paul II said, “at every moment and in every condition.” That value does not come from age, education, income, or productivity, but is inherent. MCC supports:
- Policies that recognize the value of every person’s life.
- State initiatives that provide and expand alternatives to abortion and assistance to pregnant women, including adoption.
- Measures to limit abortion and promote the safety of women.
- Regulations on research policies which violate the dignity of the human person and the sanctity of human life.
- Policies that seek to reduce violence in society, including the reduction of gun violence.
- Upholding the constitutional ban on the death penalty and the statutory ban on assisted suicide.
- Policies that expand and improve end-of-life care through a person’s natural death.
- Policies that support the nature of the human person.
- Governor Whitmer’s 2020–2021 State Budget Includes Highs and Lows, Says Catholic Conference (02/06/20)
- For Second Straight Year, MCC Presented with Three Top Awards for Excellence in Public Relations (04/22/19)
- ‘A Blueprint for the Common Good’ (02/09/15)
- Catholic Conference Vows Vigorous Opposition to Death Penalty Resolution (02/04/15)
- On the Passage of the Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act (12/11/13)
- The Word from Lansing Column:
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Moral Considerations (01/15/21)
- This Election, Let’s Vote, then Act (10/23/20)
- During Challenges, the Church Calls for Faith (08/14/20)
- Do Justice, Love Goodness, and Walk Humbly with God (07/17/20)
- Patience and Persistence: Advocacy Successes in 2019 (01/17/20)
- Clean and Affordable Water for All (Focus Essay, 5/2019)
- Vaccinations and the Common Good (Focus Essay, 3/2018)
- Promoting a Respect for Life (Focus Essay, 12/2017)
- Confronting Violence in Society (Focus Essay, 9/2015)
- The Science of Stem Cells, Finding Cures and Protecting Life (Focus Essay, 10/2007)
- Letter to Catholics Regarding Stem Cell Research (Michigan Bishops, 10/2007)
- Statement on the Death Penalty (MCC Board of Directors, 3/1999)
- Living and Dying According to the Voice of Faith (Michigan Bishops, 9/1997)
MCC in the News
- Michigan Prolife Group Ends Petition Effort to Ban D&E Abortions (Catholic News Agency, 07/22/20)
- Opinion: Catholic Teaching Affirms Dignity of Black Lives, Promotes Peace (Detroit News, 07/19/20)
- Opinion: How to Sustain Life During a Pandemic (Detroit News, 04/23/20)
- MCC Calls Governor’s Abortion Stance Removed from Reality (Catholic News Agency, 04/20/20)
- Michigan Program Offers Support to Pregnant Women (Oakland Press, 09/16/19)
- Editorial—Dems Target Pregnancy Support Centers (Detroit News, 07/22/19)
- Michigan Considers Two Pro-Life Ballot Initiatives (Catholic News Agency, 07/19/19)
- Michigan Catholic Leaders Tout ‘Dismemberment’ Abortion Ban, Not ‘Heartbeat’ Bill (Detroit News, 06/27/19)
- GOP Lawmakers Hold Hearings on Proposed Ban on Abortion Procedure (Michigan Radio, 04/25/19)
- Late-Addition Telemedicine Abortion Ban Shoots Through Panel (MIRS, 11/27/18)
- Lansing Update:
- Staff Testimony: Coercive Abortion Prevention Legislation (5/2016)
- Bulletin Announcement: Passage of Abortion Insurance Opt-Out Act (12/2013)
- Bulletin Insert: Human Life & Dignity Advocacy
- Video: On the Catholic Perspective on Assisted Suicide (3/2013)
- Poll: Voters Overwhelmingly Support Licensing and Inspecting Abortion Clinics (9/2012)