Lansing Update: Save the Date for the Michigan March for Life
Posted July 21, 2023
In this update:
- Save the Date: November 8 is the Michigan March for Life in Lansing
- Urge Congress to Protect Children Online
Save the Date: November 8 is the Michigan March for Life in Lansing
Mark your calendar for November 8 and invite your family and friends to participate in the first-ever Michigan March for Life at the Capitol in Lansing.
The March will be held on the anniversary of the approval of Proposal 3 and will serve as an important step toward bringing about a culture of life in Michigan.
A major objective of the day is to both pray for and witness to life by being physically present at the Capitol alongside thousands of other advocates for human life.
We encourage everyone to register for the March now to receive information and updates about the event. Plan to bring family and friends and take off work or school on November 8.
Michigan Catholic Conference is working with the Michigan March of Life organizers and Right to Life of Michigan — along with each of the Catholic dioceses in Michigan — to promote the event.
For more information on arranging rides to the Capitol on the day of the March, stay tuned to your parish or diocese for more local information.
Urge Congress to Protect Children Online
The U.S. bishops are asking Catholics nationwide to message members of Congress to pass legislation to better protect children from online exploitation.
Online child exploitation threatens the safety and well-being of young people and destroys families and communities. In recent years, these abuses have increased exponentially, in large part due to the Internet and mobile technology.
Your voice and your story are needed to urge Congress to use their authority to protect children and vulnerable people online. Click or tap here to send a message to your member of Congress to take action on this important issue and consider adding your own personalized perspective to the issue.
This action alert is one of several currently posted at the action center for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), who advocate at the U.S. Capitol on behalf of the American bishops. Visit the USCCB action page to easily add your voice to issues such as:
- Banning the use of federal taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions.
- Adequately funding an assistance program that serves vulnerable mothers, infants, and children.
- Advocating for the poor by removing the ban on food assistance for people who have had drug-related felony convictions.
- Helping immigrant children in need and ensuring communities have access to religious workers.
- Helping Afghan refugees who were forced to resettle in the U.S. by providing them a legal pathway to real and lasting safety.